Phoenix, AZ 85028
flexIDX Home Search Plugin for WordPress
flexIDX Home Search plugin provides an easy solution to embed home search form into your sidebars, and page/post content. Generate custom search links and iframes within WYSIWYG editor and embed them into your community related pages with a click of a mouse.
Requires flexMLS IDX account.
Disclaimer: PhoenixHomes.com has no affiliation with FBS (flexMLS) beside being their client.
Current Version: 2.0.0 [Download] [Support Forums]
flexIDX Home Search Video Preview
- Demo Video
- Demo Video 2 - New Features
- Video #1 - Setting up flexIDX Plugin for non-Phoenix/AZ Agents
- Video #2 - Setting up flexIDX Plugin for non-Phoenix/AZ Agents
- Flexible labels appearance settings.
- Customizable list of cities to search.
- WYSIWYG widget to generate custom IDX links and iFrames - no coding is required - everything is point and click.
- Ability to create custom widgets with multiple custom searches generated in flexMLS.
- Customizable widgets location - you can define on which pages/posts search widgets will appear.
- Unzip and copy the into your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the flexIDX Home Search on your plugins page.
- Go to the flexIDX Options page and enter the IDX url that you generate from your flexMLS account.
- After completing step #3 the flexIDX widget should be available in the Widgets section as well as the WYSIWYG button in the page editor.
Customizing fields for non-Phoenix/AZ MLSes.
It appears that some field names and their values may differ from one MLS to another, even though we're still using the same flexMLS software. In some MLSes they use "area" field instead of the "city", and "property type" field can appear as "dwelling type". The types of properties can be different as well. We created 2 videos to show you how to setup those fields correctly according to your MLS. Please watch "Setting up flexIDX plugin for non-Phoenix/AZ Agents" video #1 and video #2.
Tip #1: All fields that are included into the widget have to be available on your flexmls IDX search form. For example: if a field "city" is not on your IDX search form, the value from the Quick Home Search widget will not get passed to the IDX. You can adjust your search template from the IDX settings in your flexMLS account.
Tip #2: The name of your property type field is the same as its label without a space. For example: tale a look at your IDX search form, if your property type field labeled as "Property Type" then use
PropertyType in the widget settings (no spaces between the words). The same goes for "Dwelling Type" -
Tip #3: Use Firebug for Firefox web browser to find the values of your property type fields (or press Ctrl+Shift+J in Google Chrome). For example: ARMLS uses Single Family Homes and Patio Homes property type options, but their actual values are "SH" and "PH" respectively. You can add those values to the Property Type Field Values under the plugin settings as follows:
SF - Single Family Homes
PH - Patio Homes
If you choose to combine values into a single field, just separate them with commas like this:
SF,PH - Single Family Homes
The values before the hyphen will be passed to the IDX, and the values after the hyphen will appear as a field label on the user end.
[flexidxhs]- embeds the Quick Home Search widget.
[idxiframe url="" width="" height=""]- embeds an iframe. The url parameter is required. The width and the height are optional and will default to 100% width and 800px height if not set.
Comments are closed! To ask a question, report a bug or make a suggestion, please use Support Forums at WordPress.org